The Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndromes Foundation
508 E South Temple, Suite #20
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
SADS has a missiong to identify those who are genetically predisposed to sudden death due to cardiac arrhythmias, and thereby save the lives of children and young adults.
Its goals are:
- To educate health care providers and the lay public in order to promote early diagnosis and treatment.
- To serve as a physician referral resource and to provide information to physicians who care for patients with cardiac arrhythmias.
- To assist all those affected by the sudden death of a young loved one, or who have been diagnosed with a cardiac arrhythmia, by providing informational materials, facilitating support groups, and maintaining an active networking program.
- To inform families, physicians, and communities about genetic cardiac arrhythmias in the young, and thereby prevent sudden cardiac death in young people.
- To encourage research on genetic cardiovascular diseases predisposing the young to sudden death.
The SADS Foundation is committed to supporting families and individuals with genetically mediated cardiac arrhythmias through education, research, and advocacy.