Medical and Health Care Ethics
- American Society of Law, Medicine, and Ethics
The mission of the American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics is to provide
high-quality scholarship, debate, and critical thought to the community of
professionals at the nexus of law, medicine, and ethics.
- Bioethics Resources
National Institutes of Health - This website contains a broad collage of
annotated web links, and while this list is comprehensive, it is not totally
inclusive. The listed resources provide background information and various
positions on issues in bioethics.
- Center for Health Policy and Ethics
Creighton University Medical Center
- a multidisciplinary group of scholars dedicated to excellence in the study and
teaching of ethical dimensions of health care and health policy.
- Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Baylor College of Medicine
- The mandate of the center is to develop teaching and research programs that
address the moral, legal and public policy questions raised by health care and
the biomedical sciences.
- Center for Health Policy, Research and Ethics
George Mason University - engages a full range of experts and public
stakeholders to address today's national and international issues in health
- Indiana University Center for Bioethics
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). The Center has a mission to provide leadership to advance the academic and public understanding of bioethics; to inform the development of social and public policy in health, research, and related fields; and to provide support for the provision of ethics services at Indiana University hospitals. The Center will fulfill its mission through research, education, and service as a university-wide entity. Center Location
- John Dossetor Health Ethics Centre - Canada
The centre focuses on interdisciplinary research, education, and service in
health care ethics for students, faculty, and a variety of organizations.
- Journal of Medical Ethics
The journal seeks to promote ethical reflection and conduct in scientific
research and medical practice. It features original articles on ethical aspects
of health care, as well as case conferences, book reviews, editorials,
correspondence, news and notes.
- Trent Center for Bioethics, Humanities and History of Medicine
At Duke University, the center aims to promote excellence in scholarship and teaching in medical ethics and the medical humanities. The Center creates an interdisciplinary forum where physicians and scholars can examine important questions at the intersection of medicine, ethics, and the humanities.
- Tuskegee University National Center for Bioethics in Research and Health Care
This is the nation's first bioethics center devoted to engaging the sciences, humanities, law and religious faiths in the exploration of the core moral issues which underlie research and medical treatment of African Americans and other underserved people.